NDLEA officials arrests mother of four
By Oyetunji Abioye  
 
   




The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Thursday said it was interrogating a 28-year-old mother of four arrested in connection with the importation of one kilogramme of substance suspected to be heroin.

A statement by the Head of Public Affairs, NDLEA, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, on Thursday, said anti-narcotic officers attached to the Skyway Aviation Handling Company Limited warehouse at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, discovered the substance concealed inside a refrigerator imported from Dubai.

The Airport Commander, NDLEA, Alhaji Hamza Umar, gave the name of the suspect as Ayiba Okwudili.

The suspect who deals in frozen foods at Alaba Area of Lagos was said to have told narcotic agents that the consignment was sent to her by her husband who lives in Dubai.

However, Umar said investigations had shown that the suspect allegedly functions as an intermediary between her husband and his associates in the country.

Umar said, “This is another suspected case of family involvement in drugs. The suspect was nabbed while attempting to clear the good sent to her by the husband. The consignment was addressed to one Chinonso who was found to be a five year old son to the suspect while the telephone number was also traced to the suspect”

The suspect, who appeared calm under interrogation, however, disclosed that her greatest regret had to do with the welfare of her children.

“My husband told me that he has sent a fridge to me. He has been sending things to me. I feel bad that the drug was found inside the refrigerator. My greatest worry is my children; I do not know how they will cope. I married in 2001 and have four children, the eldest is seven years old. My husband moved to Dubai in search of greener pastures four years after our marriage but visits at least twice in a year” she stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khloe Kardashian 'ambushed and verbally attacked by her ex husband Lamar Odom outside the gym in LA'

Caitlyn Jenner talks about sex and dating a man in the latest sneak peek for "I Am Cait"